UNITING MIND AND BODY: COGNITION, EMBODIMENT AND LITURGY
2019 CENTRAL REGIONAL CONFERENCE
SEPTEMBER 12–14, 2019
New Deadline for submission: 15 May
- Vincent Lloyd (Villanova University) “ʻNot Only Do the Mouths Singʼ: Religious Practice and the Sanctity of Life in Black Thought”
- Elizabeth Schechter (Washington University St. Louis) “Minds, Bodies, and Selves After Split-brain Surgery”
Additional conference information, including a schedule, available here:http://hope.edu/scp
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are encouraged in any of the following areas, though papers on any philosophical topic will be given full consideration:
- The ways in which philosophy and liturgy relate to one another, both in regard to liturgy in general or particular aspects of liturgies.
- The philosophy of mind, psychology, cognitive science or embodied cognition.
- Historical or contemporary discussions of the relation of mind and body and related issues.
- Issues concerning embodiment and ways in which we experience embodiment, including, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual identity, religious identity, religious experiences (positive and negative) and so on.
- The relation of any of these topics to religion(s), the philosophy of religion or the Christian tradition.
Abstracts (600 words, maximum) or complete papers (3,000 words, maximum) on any topic of philosophical interest will be considered. We welcome the submissions of both Christians and non-Christians as presenters, commentators and participants. All submissions should be prepared for blind review and saved as either Word or PDF files. In your submission email, please use the subject heading “SCP Hope submission.” Please indicate whether you would be willing to serve as a commentator or chair, should your paper not be accepted.
NOTE: There will be a $500 award for the best paper by a student. If you wish your paper to be considered for the $500 award, a full paper (3,000 words, maximum) will be required at submission.
Please send any queries, submissions or requests to comment to Jack Mulder at email@example.com.