The following questions are addressed in this FAQ
- Who sponsors email@example.com?
- How does a listserv work?
- Who may sign up for this listserv?
- How does one subscribe to this listserv?
- How does one unsubscribe from this listserv?
- Who may send information to firstname.lastname@example.org?
- What is the Society of Christian Philosophers?
It is sponsored by the Society of Christian Philosophers (SCP). The SCP’s administrative assistant is the administrator of the listserve and the Calvin College Computer Services Department supports it.
Anyone who has access to electronic mail communication with the Internet may subscribe to the list by following the directions below. They will then receive an electronic copy of every message which is sent to the posting address for the list (email@example.com). If they wish to respond, post, or otherwise have their words sent to everyone on the list, then they send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and appropriate content will be sent to the list. To prevent spam, only the Executive Director and Treasurer have publishing rights on this listserv.
Anyone. The intent is that it be for members of the Society of Christian Philosophers, however.
To subscribe just send mail to email@example.com with the words
in the message body (not the subject).
Unsubscribing is similar: just send mail to the same address firstname.lastname@example.org with the words
again in the message body.
The list is moderated by the Executive Director of the Society of Christian Philosophers. Anyone may send messages to the Treasurer email@example.com and, if appropriate, he will post them to the listserv.
7. How do I send information to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Send an e-mail message to email@example.com.